Community Tennis

Home Page



St Fagans Tennis Club


St Fagans Lawn Tennis Club is now located at Poplar Park, Fairwater. After 100yrs the club moved from its previous site near the level crossing St Fagans. The previous site served the workers of St Fagans Castle, the summer residence of the Earl of Plymouth, as hockey pitches in the winter and grass tennis courts in the summer.

In 1908 the Plymouth family had their own tennis courts and did not play at the village club.

The club was officially opened on a beautiful sunny day in the summer of 1910 by the Lady Phyllis Windsor- Clive, and the Hon. Archer Windsor-Clive



















For The Tennis Community

Home Page